Thursday, August 25, 2005

Past the expiry date?

I’m getting old! Altho a lot of people, when they see me still think that I’m a student, it still doesn’t change the fact that I’m getting old!!!!

In fact, come December this year and I’ll be able to boast that I have done sumthing that even Jesus could not do when he was on the earth – celebrate my 34th birthday!

*gasp* 34?????

Signs that I’m getting old:-


1. The other day, me mom bought me claypot chicken rice for lunch. It was quite good but yet, I couldn’t finish it despite me not eating breakfast that morning!!!!

2. I was reading a blog belonging to someone whom I have seen growing up from a small girl in Church and found out that she’s celebrating her 21st b’day this year!!!

3. I’m getting careless – for an example, read what happened recently.

4. I’m getting forgetful!!!! For the past 10 years or more, each time I leave the house, I take out the same things which will definitely include these – my house keys, my wallet, my mobile phone. It is becoming frequent that I walk out of my house without one of these things!!!

5. I read the obituaries and find that I know some of them!!!

6. When I hang out wif me mates, we always (and almost only) talk about the “good ol’ days”!!!

7. I have stopped listening to 92.9 FM and find 94.5 FM much nicer!!!

8. When I climb a steep hill, I’ll be gasping for air at the top and my heart will feel like it is gonna burst!

9. The number of cups of coffee I drink these days is way much lower than a couple of years ago! In fact, I drink more water than coffee these days! *gasp*

10. When I go to the park and a ball comes rolling towards me, the kids will be calling out “Uncle, uncle, kick the ball back!!!”!*

* for you non-Malaysians, it is common courtesy among the young people in Malaysia to call an older adult stranger “Uncle” if he is a man or “Aunty” if she is a woman.

Comments:
#s 2, 3, 4, 6, and 9 are happening to me too so they can't count as signs that you're growing old. :)

I've loved the oldies, jazz and classical radio stations since I was a kid (if that's what's on 94.5FM) so I can't count on that sign to tell me when I'm growing old.

Hmmm...People have been asking if I'm married or single since I was in first year high school so that's not a very efficient indicator either. ;)

The obituaries part is sad...

Aw, come off it, you're not that old! :) I'd say you're in the prime of life. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?