Thursday, August 25, 2005

Latest meal time entertainment

This is wat I'm reading now:-



Yes, no more Grisham! At least for now.

The last Grisham book I read, "The Last Juror" was simply excellent! One of his best. But unlike most of his books, it deals with many sub-stories.

Still, I think I better take a break from Grisham's books. Just like "The King of Torts", I guessed the ending (and saw thru the red herrings) of "The Last Juror" much earlier!!!!

Now, I'm back to Dan Brown. To be honest, I din really like Da Vinci's Code. It was good, a page turner but not great! I liked the first half of Angels and Demons betetr but the ending was pretty forced. He tried so hard to make the twist a surprise that to me, it backfired.

But on me mates' recommendation, I'm reading Digital Fortress now. At least it is not about Robert Langdon anymore. It is enjoyable so far.

Back to Grisham, I just watched Runaway Jury again last nite!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I was surfing channels when I came across the movie. And altho I wanted to watch Discovery Channel, somehow, I was drawn back to Runaway Jury. After all, it has John Cusack and Rachel Weisz, 2 of me fav actors and actresses! And I remembered the excellent performance by Dustin Hoffman!

So I watched thru the whole movie - and enjoyed it again, perhaps even more!!! It even moved me close to tears!

If you have not watched it, try to. Dun believe the bad reviews it received. The performances of the actors themselves are worth your time spent watching it. I especially liked Dustin Hoffman's character - the lawyer who is honest, who has scrupples and morals, who believes in justice and truth, one who truly cares for his clients. At the end, he was tested to the limit - hang on to your values and your client will probably lose. Bend the rules and play dirty like the rest - but your client wins and justice will be done!

So do the ends justify the means?

Watch it to find out!

p/s - KC, how is Runaway Jury, the book so far? You know wat I read on-line? The book is very different from the movie so even tho you have watched the movie, it won't spoil the book for you. In fact, I'll prolly be getting Runaway Jury when I'm done with Digital Fortress.

Comments:
i think the main reason ppl dislike the movie is cos of the 'shock' of replacin the issue of nicotine addiction with gun control. enjoyed my first john grisham, tho. but u might hav preconceived ideas of how nick easter, marlee, rankin fitch n wendell rohr will look like!!
 
Wow, can I borrow Digital Fortress when you're done with it? :) Just kidding. The shipping cost is a killer.

I loooved the movie despite the replacements! Me and my mom liked it so much we bought our own copy. :) Which is a big thing for my super thrifty mom. :)
 
thanks for the comments, guys. now i can't wait to get me hands on a copy of the book!

krissy - i'll lend u the book of u lend me the movie (dvd, is it?)!! :-P

kc - wat next? trying another grisham or sumthing else? btw, hope u'll be doing yr masters! we then can go travel during christmas, ok? yes?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?