Thursday, August 18, 2005

East M’sian instant noodles

Someone commented verbally that me posts on me trip to East M’sia have been too difficult to read. Quote - too much words, no pics - end quote!

So being the accommodating person that I am (read: nice!), I’ve decided to do a sort of “sum-up” post. It’ll be a “The good, the bad and the ugly” kind of post. But I’ll do it the “belakang mari” way!!!

THE UGLY – pics of me!!!

Ok, in actual fact, I only appear in 2 of all the pics I took!!! The other pics aren't that ugly...

For a quick overview, check out me post on me other blogspot here. These are me fav pics.

For all the pics, go here and here.

THE BAD

1. Having diarrhoea on the first day and subsequently constipation for the remaining days!!!

2. The toilets. Enuf said!

3. Being scolded and ridiculed by the bus driver in Sibu after a horrible bus trip (read here for the juicy details)

4. The pain in my neck during the whole of the 2nd week was really…. a pain in the neck!!!!

5. My first nite in Miri - Waiting in vain for a bus which never came (after being promised that it will) while feeding the mozzies in the hot and humid nite and nursing the pain in my neck which spread down to my shoulder blades. That was the worse point – I just felt at that point of time that I wanted to go home immediately!

6. Being extremely homesick at one point of time

7. Making many futile attempts to confirm accommodation at Bario! In the end, I din go.

8. Being extremely dehydrated in a part of Brunei where I could not find any place selling water – and ended up wif a massive migraine!

9. Those girls who walked around the halls in their sandals despite clear signs stating that all are to remove their footwear!

10. Discovering that me PDA screen got smashed!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

THE GOOD


1. Travelling up the Rejang from Kapit to Belaga siting on the top of the boat!



2. Having dinner wif Kathy, Sarah and Lee every nite at Bako – and chatting wif them. We’d continue our chat on the porch of our dorms!

3. Worshipping at me mate’s church in Kota Kinabalu

4. Spending time catching up wif frens in Kuching, Bintulu, Miri and Kota Kinabalu and experiencing their wonderful hospitality

5. Watching “The Island” at Miri!!!! I really enjoyed the show!

6. Wandering around aimlessly in the Kampung Ayer at Brunei



7. The food! Seafood, Sarawak noodles!!!! Yummy! And cheap too!

8. Watching the football finals in Kapit wif some new frens in the hotel lobby!

9. The sunset at Kapit

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

10. Staying over at me mate’s place on the last nite in KK and reliving the good ol’ times in UK!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?