Monday, August 15, 2005

Smells great!

Had a “minor accident” in me room on Saturday. I was rushing to leave (went to the OA village last weekend) me room and the last thing I had to do was to spray me Issey Miyake cologne on and leave. I grabbed it wif me right hand and handed it over to me left. Me left hand couldn’t catch it properly. It flew from my fingers and onto the tiled floor before crashing into pieces!!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pic obtained sumwhere online...

I thank God that I was pretty cool about it. I admit that it would be of no surprise if I had lost it and cursed like crazy. I mean, I was late, I was rushing for time and this had to happen.


On top of that, it was a gift from sumone special. :-(

I spent at least half an hour after that cleaning up the mess – wiping all the wasted cologne off the floor, picking up the glass pieces, sweeping the floor, getting on me hands and knees using sticky tape to pick up the tiny glass shards of the floor, taking out me floor rug to shake away all the tiny glass shards on it...

At least as I was doing that, me room smelt very nice!!!! Obviously!!! There was more than half a bottle left and I was to take it to the UK wif me!!!!

When I went down and told me mom, she said that explains why I smelt so nice!!!!

What struck me oso was when I got home late Sunday nite, me room still smelt of Issey Miyake!!! If fact, there is still some of it lingering in me room today.

And I remembered the incident in the Bible where Mary took some perfume to anoint Jesus before his crucifixion.

John 12

Jesus Anointed at Bethany

1Six days before the Passover, Jesus arrived at Bethany, where Lazarus lived, whom Jesus had raised from the dead. 2Here a dinner was given in Jesus' honor. Martha served, while Lazarus was among those reclining at the table with him. 3Then Mary took about a pint[a] of pure nard, an expensive perfume; she poured it on Jesus' feet and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.

4But one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, who was later to betray him, objected, 5"Why wasn't this perfume sold and the money given to the poor? It was worth a year's wages.[b]" 6He did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief; as keeper of the money bag, he used to help himself to what was put into it.

7"Leave her alone," Jesus replied. " It was intended that she should save this perfume for the day of my burial. 8You will always have the poor among you, but you will not always have me."


(Bible verses copied from BibleGateway.com)


I would imagine the entire place where Jesus was at that time must have smelt wonderful!

Further, I thought how much it must have cost Mary!

To me, I was rather hurt that me cologne broke. Mainly cuz it was from a fren, partly cuz that meant I had to spend more money to get a new one – and cash-flow is rather dry at this point of time!

But for Mary, who wasn’t rich either, she was willing to sacrifice the whole jar of expensive perfume – for her Lord and Master. That was how much she loved him. And Jesus knew it and praised her for it.

How much am I wiling to sacrifice for Jesus to show my love for him?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?