Thursday, June 16, 2005

Tasteless food

How many times have we complained about the food we have? I have! Many times! Not good enuf, not cooked properly, not fresh, not salty enuf etc. Yeah, I’m quite a fussy eater. I mean I eat anything but my taste buds mite complain (it prolly will).

Anyways, I read an article today which me feel bad bout complaining.

An article in the BBC News Online highlighted the plight of inter alia this man. Read the whole article here.


U Win Tin, a journalist held since 1989, is said to be in poor health
(pic obtained from BBC News Online)
Posted by Hello


This man, U Win Tin, has “…been detained since 1989. His health is failing, yet he has sometimes been denied food and water and made to sleep without bedding in a cell designed as a dog kennel.”

It was also reported that “…Amnesty International is calling for the Burmese authorities to release all prisoners of conscience and to stop silencing political dissent”.

Let’s continue to pray for the people of Myanmar and for the political situation there, that human rights atrocities may be reduced. Let’s oso continue to pray that the gospel be preached without hindrance there.

A mate of mine will be going there with OM next month for a short term mission trip. Pray for them too!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?