Monday, June 13, 2005

Chicken soup


Free plug for Campbell's! Posted by Hello

A lot of people have read the “Chicken Soup for the Soul” series – for men, women etc. I never really caught on to it meself – but then again, I judged it only from browsing thru it in around 15 seconds while standing in a bookstore!

As for me, one of the best “chicken soup” for me soul is… well, it sounds like a big contradiction seeing that I’m an anti-social loner, but it is the time spent wif frens. I really cherish those special moments, those crazy moments!

It was during the church retreat last week-end that I managed to have loads and loads of this “chicken soup”. And of course, wat is time spent wif frens without good food too!!! (Man… I really gotta start on me diet soon!).

Other than the excellent talks and teaching during the camp, I’ll remember the camp for the great times I had wif me mates. It was really good hanging out wif them again. And just like a bunch of old foggies, we’d sit over a meal and talk about old times!

We would go out for a bite during tea-time or have late suppers (being in the camp committee, most of us miss the meals served and so we’ll go out for supper late in the nite). Each time we went out, we tried different places. It doesn’t really matter where cuz we would just enjoy the drive out and the time spent in the car chatting.

So it was an added bonus when each place we went to, the food was really good!

And each place we went to, we’d cause a scene – a bunch of city guys, ordering too much food, making lots of noise and laughing like crazy all the time! Yes, at one point, we almost rolled over on the floor wif laughter! We talked about the funny things which happened during the camp, we shared about how the messages were good to us, and we talked about the good old times!

I guess as we grow older, we have other commitments – wives, kids etc – so it was really nice to just leave them all behind and have a guys’ day-out!

Of course there were other times at the campsite too when it was good to just hang-out and spend time wif me mates. We’d sit in our run-down bungalow, enjoying the cool but noisy window unit air-cond and chat away (even tho I was having a migraine!). Another time, a younger group and I were looking thru the pics of our previous choir and drama presentations on me laptop which we projected out onto the big-screen. That brought back good memories too. Oh, they had fun looking at me action figure collection too.

And there were many other occasions too – even driving home, I was having a really nice deep sharing session wif another brother.

Oh, on one of the nites, while out for supper, another mate called me up from UK!!! It was so nice to hear her voice again! We chatted for quite a bit too, despite it being expensive to her!

Yup, I had me fill of chicken soup during the camp! And I thank God for those times and for me mates! When I leave for the UK later this year, I dun know if I'll ever see them again. So it was really nice to have "re-live" those special times again.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?