Monday, June 13, 2005

Wok Onn!

So wat do you guys think? The title of this post will be the name of my cooking show!!! It is a play of words! “Wok” giving the idea of Chinese cooking. “Onn” is of course reference to my name. And “Wok Onn” implies that I shall carry on cooking! It is oso a reference to Liverpool FC’s song, “You’ll Never Walk Alone” where there’s a line that goes “Walk on, walk on”!

The idea came to me when we were talking about cook shows yesterday. Me fav is of course Jamie Oliver’s shows – “The Naked Chef”, “Pukka Tukka”, “Oliver’s Twist”. I love watching him. The only downside is that he uses a hand held camera for most of the scenes and I sumtimes end up sea-sick watching his shows!!! Yeah, bad case of motion sickness.


Jamie (Pic taken from foodnetwork.com) Posted by Hello

Then we talked about Kylie Kwong’s show – and I was just saying that I’m so not impressed wif her. However, I must say that she is the “inspiration” behind me wanting to have my own cook show. After all, there is nothing great or special about her cook shows. Perhaps, to the Aussies, it may be good. But to us Chinese living in Malaysia, we would scoff at her show! “Ha! We have been doing that since the beginning of time!” “What? Is that all?” “Yeah, yeah, yeah, tell us sumthing we dun know”.

Of course there is the other cook show – Nigella Bites. Ok, ok, I have to admit that she’s hot! But she is oso very practical and very down to earth!


Nigella! (Pic taken from smh.com.au) Posted by Hello

I used to enjoy watching Anthony Bourdain’s “A Cook’s Tour”. I think he is very knowledgeable and would have been an excellent cook. But he’s more than just a cook – to me, he is a true artist! I like his views on things and some of the episodes have been quite emotional (like the one when he goes back to his home town, meets up wif his brother and relive his young days).

As for me, I do enjoy cooking (been cooking for meself since I was in my early teens), and I like being on stage – so how bout cooking behind a TV camera? So hopefully I can walk in their footsteps? Wok Onn!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?