Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Self-service

I bought a new DVD-rom drive for me desktop today!

Then came the BIG question – who’s gonna install it into me desktop for me??? After all, KC is no longer here!!!

Yeah, KC used to be me computer guy, troubleshooting for me (wif the aid of his very able bro and mom!), and fixing up things and installing stuffs for me.

Hey, I’m trained as a lawyer – so you can’t expect me to know these kinda things, rite?

So I called up a couple of frens and they were all busy.

What the heck – I gave it a try meself.

And yes, I’ve successfully installed the drive into me desktop and it is working! Woohoo!

KC – u shud be proud of me-eh?

So, armed wif me brand new DVD-rom, I started to watch “Lost” which was burnt onto DVDs by me mate.

But it couldn’t play well on me desktop! O no…

Sigh… had to go on-line and download some programmes to fix the problem. But still am unable to do so.

The DVD-rom is alrite. The DVDs play fine on me laptop. So wat gives??? Sigh…

O well…

But the really good thing bout it is that the headache which I had ALL DAY LONG (took 6 panadols today but din help much) is gone! I was so caught up wif installing the DVD-rom, going on-line to figure out the problem etc that I din realise it but now I do – it’s gone!

Praise God!

p/s - hey KC, how's things? Haven't heard from you much. Hope things r fine. Drop us a note, k?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?