Friday, June 17, 2005

Cold storage

This is taken from the Bar Council of Malaysia's website:-

"A total of 9 judges were today elevated to the Federal Court and the Court of Appeal. Justices Datuk Richard Malanjum, Dato' Arifin bin Zakaria, Dato' Hashim bin Dato' Haji Yusoff and Datuk Augustine Paul a/l Sinnappen were elevated to the Federal Court, and 5 other High Court judges were promoted to the Court of Appeal. They are Justices Dato' James Foong Cheng Yuen, Dato' Azmel bin Haji Maamor, Dato' Mohd Noor bin Haji Abdullah, Dato' Zaleha bt. Zahari and Dato' Zulkefli bin Ahmad Makinudin."

I better be extra careful on how I word this - lest I be charged for contempt of Court!!!

But I have to say first how glad I am that a certain High Court Judge - whom many (but does not necessarily include me) have felt been "kept in the cold storage" has finally been elevated to the Court of Appeal! My best wishes to his lordship!

But I must note that there is a certain Court of Appeal Judge who seems (IMHO but I am probably wrong) to be kept in the cold storage now as he has been a Court of Appeal Judge for very long (I believe the longest serving Court of Appeal Judge). He writes quite a lot of good judgements but yet he has not been elevated.

Personally, I have to confess that I was shocked when I heard some of the names on the list above! What gives???

Is this a signal that if Judges make the "right" decisions, they will eventually be "rewarded"? I am sure this is not the case - however, I could be wrong.

Sigh... at least there won't be any more delays in a certain High Court 3 anymore!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?