Sunday, September 11, 2005

Late nite special

It was late Friday nite when I decided to watch a movie - I put on "Royal Wedding".

For those of you who went "huh?", dun worry. I'm sure a lot will say the same thing. This movie is pretty ancient. But it doesn't matter to me cuz it starred Fred Astaire!!!


Pic obtained from a link at IMDB Posted by Picasa

And Mr. Astaire was simply excellent in the movie!

For those who have not heard of him, well, it's your loss. Fred Astaire was one the best dancers in movie world, if not the best! He is so good that when his lady co-stars dance wif him, he make them look bad - even if they are not!!!

The movie brings back memories of way back when I was in my late teens. It was then that my interest in dancing was kindled. Unfortuantely, the interest remained just that - an interest and I have never pursued it save for watching Fred Astaire movies.

In the Royal Wedding, forget about acting or storyline. Watch Fred as he dances - wif his co-star Jane Powell and on his own!!! His solo dance in a gym (using a coat stand among other things) brought spontaneous applause from me! But the scene when he literally dances on the walls and ceiling left me totally open mouth amazed! This man can dance and he does it so effortlessly, so beautifully!

Is it too late for me to take up dancing???

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?