Thursday, September 08, 2005

Hot fudge

Fudge:- Nonsense (definition no. 2 in the Concise Oxford Dictionary)

Dun you just hate sore losers? Here’s a classic quote from a supposedly champion who was beaten fair and square during the US Open tennis:-

Uhm, well, I think I was playing decent, you know. And she started playing like really bad, and it totally threw me off. She started hitting, like, these really weird shots and short balls and, like, just weird stuff. Just like it threw my game off. Next thing I knew, I was playing as bad as she was, …

That has to be the stupidest excuse I’ve ever heard – I lost because my opponent played badly and that caused me to play badly too!!!!!

I won’t even bother to put her mug-shot on me blog but here is a pic of her opponent – and one of me fav women’s tennis player today (who unfortunately has to play against my current fav women’s player in the semi-finals):-


Pic taken from US Open oficial site Posted by Picasa

On the brighter side, I’m glad that the US Open has made the turn to be more interesting after the ho-hum first week! It was seriously bad wif boring games and irritating commentators:-

Oh, it’s back to deuce now. *Pause*. Actually, it’s not 'back to deuce'. It’s the first deuce of the game. So it’s just 'deuce'.

(After Ivo Karlovic smashes another ace against Agassi) This reminds me of a Linda Ronstandt song – “Blue Bayou”. The ball ‘blew by you’, Agassi!

But it’s picking up. I saw the tail end of the nail biting tie-braker of the 5th set between Agassi and Blake earlier! Excellent stuffs. And earlier, Davenport was beaten by Elena Dementieva – an interesting match between the arguably best server in women’s tennis against one who would seem to do better if she just threw the ball across the net!

Even Federer dropped a set!

This weekend will be an interesting tennis extravaganza!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?