Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Free buffet dinner!

I made a bet wif me mate, Weng Soon. The problem about it was that neither of us thought he would win and as such, we both could not remember wat was his “win” if he won the bet. He thinks it’s some buffet dinner.

I lost.

The weird thing about it is that I WAS GLAD I LOST THE BET!!!!! Yeah, even if it cost me a buffet dinner!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The bet was whether Michael Owen would go to Newcastle United! At the time we “made the bet” (*gasp* How un-Christian!!!!!!), neither of us actually thought that Owen would go to Newcastle. Surely he would go to a bigger club like Man Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea.

However, in the past week or so, I was shocked to find out that NONE of the other EPL teams are interested in Owen – except Newcastle!!! And arguably, Liverpool too! So it was either Liverpool or Newcastle. Given a choice, any striker worth his salt and having his head screwed on correctly would choose the reds instead of the faltering magpies!

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please dun let him go back to Liverpool!!!!

Why? Look, he left Liverpool because he thought that Liverpool would NEVER WIN anything and he wanted to win things. The irony now is that he comes back to England empty handed and not being able to secure a first team place in Real Madrid. Liverpool however, in his absence of 1 year, had secured the biggest European prize – the European Champions League Cup!!! And just last week, they oso won the Supercup!

So the greedy lil fella now wants to come back? No way!!!!

In any event, his motives are purely selfish – be warned, Newcastle fans! He needs to get a regular first team place so that his position in the England team for teh World Cup is secured. You think he gives a s*** about Newcastle?

In any event, I always felt that Liverpool’s previous coach depended too much on Owen. Because of that, it always hinges on whether Owen is on form or not. In other words, IMHO, methinks he is not good for Liverpool as a team. On top of that, I had always thought that he’s overrated. I for one was glad when he left. Sure enuf, Liverpool started winning cups after Owen left!

And I dun think I’m the only one who thinks so – there has to be some really good reasons why seasoned managers like Alex, Arsene and Jose were reluctant to buy him even at a bargain price!!! And methinks Rafa wasn’t keen at all and is relieved that Owen turned down Liverpool’s offer.

So it was wif great joy when I heard the news that Owen has signed for Newcastle – yes, even if it meant that I have to buy Weng Soon a buffet dinner.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?