Saturday, August 27, 2005

Fortune cookies

It may have taken some good fortune but at the end of the day, Liverpool is the European Supercup CHAMPIONS!!!!!!



It was all thanks to this crazy fella:-



Cisse scored 2 and superbly set up the 3rd goal for Garcia to head in!!!! Sure, the first goal was definitely fortunate – or lucky.

*gasp* I’ve said a “Christian bad word”!!!!! “Luck” has been frowned upon by Christians – so much so it has become ridiculous!!! Like instead of having a “potluck dinner”, we have a “potbless dinner”!!! Sigh… of all people, I think we as Christians should not be too concern with the labelling but more on wat’s inside!

But I digress…

Yes, the first goal may have been lucky – but at the end of the day, in footballing world, you “make your own luck”! It was an excellent long ball clearance from the Reina the goalie. It showed exceptional vision. Garcia was in excellent position to chest down the ball for Cisse. Cisse worked hard wif his pace to get into the “lucky” position!!!

To cut the long story short, WE WON!!!!!!

Wat I really enjoyed from the match tho was the performance of our new midfielder, Sisoko! This is the first time I’ve seen him play this season and I must say, he is very, very impressive! He is strong, he is aggressive, he wins balls! I’m really excited to see him play in more games!

But that was about it. Other than the excellent contribution by the aging Hamann, there was really nothing much to shout about! Sigh… For a moment, I actually thought I had jinxed Liverpool again by watching them play “live” and almost turned off the TV with 10 minutes remaining. But I’m glad I didn’t!

Oh well, at least we showed that we can win trophies without this fella who was sitting in the stands:-



As well as this fella:-
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

…who walked out on us thinking he won’t win anything big – and now trying to wriggle his way back in again!!!!

All pics obtained online from BBC Online and Premierleague.com

Comments:
eh monkey
where were you this morning?
can sms me and make noise bout my return, and not be there ???
tsk tsk
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?