Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sunny side up

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pic obtained from freefoto.com

I was all stressed up. I was leading the first session and was under pressure to start off wif a blast! The practice session earlier today wasn’t that good. At the very last minute, I realised I forgot sumthing and had to rush to the church office to get it done.


It din help when I was told that they decided to bring the session earlier by 30 mins!!!!!

Finally, just a couple of minutes before I was due to come up, I sat at the front of the hall, trying to calm myself down, collect my thots and utter a short prayer.

A fren – who knew how stressed I was minutes ago – came to me and said “Oh, you are smiling! That’s a good sign!”

It was only until that point of time when I realised I had this silly grin on me face. I looked at him and gave him an even broader smile and went back to my thoughts.

I guess different people handle their stress differently. But I’m surprised to find out lately that a few of me mates deal wif it the same way I do – grin and laugh!!! Perhaps tt’s why I’m closer to them instead of the fren whom I quoted above – we understand each other better.

We can never know for sure but if you ever see sumone who is all lively and happy and loud and laughing away, remember that it could be simply a way for them to deal wif the pain and stress and hurt inside.

Does it mean that these people (me included) are hypocrites? No, I would like to think not. We are not putting on a show. We are just coping – in our own unique manner.

"Every clown must go home to his empty room"
Deborah Ann Gibson

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?