Thursday, September 08, 2005

Catch of the day!

Me!

I’ve been pretty evasive when ppl ask me of the date of my departure. Simple – I dread having to go up on stage in church and be prayed for!!!!

Sounds very unlike me? In a way – since I love being on stage. And of course I value the prayers of the church!

It’s just that so many of me mates have recently been called up front and embarrassed!!!!! OK – I know for certain that it is not the intention of the church leaders to do that – but somehow, it always turns out that way.

I guess I oso wanna avoid the situation when everyone – yes, I mean every single person – comes up to me after the service wanting to shake my hand! Yeah, even those who spend their free time gossiping bout me, those who think it is their life duty to say bad things about me to everyone else except me, those who hate my guts, and those who din even bother to pray for me let alone call me up to show concern when I dropped out of church for a while! I’d see those hypocritical smiles and looks of concern and warm wishes and if I do not reciprocate it, I’d be branded as arrogant, unappreciative, vindictive, horrible… hhmm… I’m oredi labelled as such!

I digress.

So I’ve been avoiding and weaselling my way out whenever I am asked when I’ll be leaving. (Weaselman strikes again!!!).

But not anymore. I received a phonecall this afternoon.

Me: Hello?

Caller: Mun Onn? This is Hoong Cheong here.

Me: Oh, hi Hoonch (a fulltime worker in my church) What does he want????

Hoonch: Mun Onn, when will you be leaving to do your studies?

Me: Oh no!!! He wants to know so that he can get the elders to pray for me. Looks like it’s a job for Weaselman! Uh… end of the month.

Hoonch: Oh. Is the Date confirmed yet?

Me: Maybe he just wants to take me out for lunch Err… no. I haven’t bought my ticket yet. But it’ll be end of the month, thereabouts. My term begins only early October.

Hoonch: Oh I see. But you will only be leaving late this month…

Me: Yeah, - by the month end or early next month. Give up, give up…

Hoonch: Anyway, the church would like to pray for you…

Me: NNnooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoonch: …so can we do that on the 25th of September?

Me: Over my dead body!!! Why, sure! *laughs nervously*

Hoonch: You will be around on the 25th?

Me: Not if I can help it! Of course!

Sigh… yes, as sumone once put it, my “shame-fest” is now confirmed and scheduled on the 25th of September 2005.

The bright side to it is that some people from Penang won’t be able to come and witness it!!! :-)

Comments:
hey,

nice of you to drop by and leave a note!

but i have to say that me cafe was named after a british red-head!!!! :-)

will definately check out yr site!
 
Noooooooooooooo!
How can i NOT be there to witness the great event...
Will think of something
Get someone to record it for me perhaps...
Terrible
Hope you get the same elder as we did.. kekeke
 
[laughs]

oh no...
 
at least u wont have someone more handsome than u when u r up there!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?