Sunday, July 03, 2005

Sorry sir, you can't come in!

Don't you just hate it when some snotty waiter tell you that? I was at this famous joint years ago - Modestos - to meet up wif a mate. But the fella din allow me in. I was like "What the...???" I was dressed in a smart white shirt with mandarin collar, jeans and me Doc Marts boots! Apparently, my jeans were torn and because of that, I wasn't allowed in! Bugger...

This is the USS Nimitz:-

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It docked at our West Port recently - as reported in our local daily here.

I remembered years ago when the USS Enterprise docked here too. Me and another mate took a drive down to Port Klang to view it. It was opened to the pulic. Unfortunately, the whole world decided to go oso - and we were caught in an awful jam for 2 - 3 hours. We had to turn back in the end. No regrets tho as we had a really nice time chatting.

This time round, I was very sure I wasn't gonna miss the chance! The Nimitz! With the F-14s and the F-18s on board!!!!

So I took a drive there this afternoon. Upon reaching the entrance of the West Port, I was greeted with this:-

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No entry. No way. Closed to the public. Even if the security let me in, the Nimitz is not opened to the public. I tried to pursuade the security but to no avail. I even told him that in the past, they allowed public on board their carriers! But the security smartly replied that ever since the 9/11 incident, the Americans have been very strict about the whole thing. He suggested perhaps I drive to the "Star Cruise terminal" further down to perhaps catch a glimpse of it.

Pity the guy too as in the short span of around 5 mins when I was there, there were like over 10 cars/van/bikes which tried to get thru to see the carrier too!

As i drove along the outside, there was no way I could see it. All I managed to get were the following:-

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I can tell that those planes (circled in green) are F-18s!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A peek at the tip of the Nimitz!!!!

So off I went to the Star Cruise terminal. Unfortunately, it too was closed as there were no Star Cruise ships around today.

I made me way to the edge of the terminal, along the esplanade but no way could I catch a glimpse of the elusive Nimitz!

I did manage to get a pic of some people trying to fish there tho!!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?