Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The last breakfast?

It was Wednesday – so that meant that it was movie day for me! After all, the tickets are sold at a reduced price on Wednesday – almost 50% discount!!!

So I actually got up early – I had oredi planned it. I was gonna watch “Spellbound” at the International Screen at Midvalley. There was only 1 show – 11 am. Thereafter, I was gonna catch “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” – at 2 pm!

But at bout 9:30 am (yes, I was wide awake then), I received a call. A mate was coming over to have breakfast wif me!!

Wha..??? Whoa!!!! Hold it, hold it! Yes, I’m awake but no, I’m not free. I’m going for me movie.

I had to watch it this week cuz I won’t be around next Wednesday. The following Wednesday oso doesn’t look good, wif all me travelling plans in July.


However, the fren was pretty insistent! Yes, there went my movie plans.

The food was nothing great – Rawa Thosai, Nasi Lemak and 4 cups of “teh-tarik”. RM8.80. A bit steep, isn’t it?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(In case some of you are wondering, this is "teh tarik" - tea wif condensed milk served in a glass. The foam on the top is made by pouring it from a glass to another)

Still, how do you put a value or a price tag on time spent wif frens? You just can’t. Time spent wif frens are priceless. It doesn’t matter wat the food is, where the place is (or how bad the toilets were!!!! Ugh…). Wat matters is the sharing, the catching up, the joking, the reminiscing.

So, I missed a movie. It’s just a movie. No regrets. I had a great breakfast – and looking at how things are (wif me going away soon), this could be the last breakfast I’ll ever have wif this mate. I’m glad she came over and spent time wif me!

p/s – I managed to catch “Hitchhiker’s Guide” later on in the day. Good show. But read the book. It’s cornier!!!

Comments:
aiyoooooo, make me feel bad onli.
I'm SURE you'll manage to catch the Bee movie, but if you dont , i'll get ya the dvd la...

And i forgot to pass you something, nvm someone else will help pass it for me.

Crap, i've started saying bye to ppl , its HORRIBLE.

And i think we were overcharged. No way it should've been so much (thingking back now la)
Ish, we were conned. Welcome t o the life of a Mat Salleh look-a-like...

Yesterday was fun, even with ur complaining bout my car, doubting my driving and moaning bout missing the Bee movie...
Gonna miss your nonsense la, Obi Mun.

Come visit ya! Before Soctober.
 
dun la feel bad. unlike sum people who are toooo nice to say "no", if i dun wanna go have breakfast wif anyone, i wont!!!!

thanks for coming all the way! hopefully, i can reciprocate it in the next few weeks, tagging along another corny USJ 2 guy!!!

take care!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?