Sunday, June 26, 2005

Check, please!

I just got back home. Spent the entire afternoon playing cards wif me mates. JT will be going back to the US 2moro- and this was our “last session” wif him! Played a game of hearts and Big 2 (“Chor tai ti”). Mikes was the loser for both! It was quite amusing as for the first time ever, we actually counted points when we played Big 2. so it was a mater of getting rid of all the “power cards” fast! At the end of the game, sumtimes throwing out a single card is better than throwing out a pair – for a piture card is worth more that a pair of 4!!!!

It was fun.

Suddenly, before we knew it, JT had to go – family dinner. We said hasty goodbyes.

And that was it!

Earlier in the morning, our “foot-in-mouth” elder (oops, he did it again today by offending some Singaporeans in our midst!!!) prayed for the 3 Musketeers who’ll be leaving us this Friday to Penang – The Science University of Malaysia.

Just last month, we said goodbye to 2 of our mates who are now in Sheffield (I heard that they are so busy that when they shit, they dun have time to wipe their … nvm).

In 2 weeks time, another mate will be going back to Singapore.

And not long from now, it’ll be my turn.

Can’t believe all this is affecting me!!!!

But it is.

Sigh... all things must come to end, doesn't it?

It’s weird. Last year, at this time, I was all ready to go. Due to some … things … I just couldn’t wait to leave. But God had other plans for me and me studies were deferred to this year.

In the span of less than a year, things have changed so much. I got to know so many people better and frens whom I thought were “long-gone” came back. I re-establish some pretty good relationships and made some wonderful new ones too.

Now it is hard to leave. Saying goodbye is never easy – especially when I dun plan to come back anytime soon!

I’m not looking forward to it – well, not as much as I was last year!!!!

Thank God I have mates who are there – and I can’t wait to meet up wif them again.

It would have been so easy last year and I’d left without missing much.

Still having said that, I prefer it this way. I thank God so much for the frens I’ve made and the frens who’ve returned to my life. I thank God for the deeper relationships I have now.

And as much as I doubt it very much, I just hope things will never change. It is possible – dun you have frens whom u never talk to for years and then suddenly, a call comes, you meet up and when you do, it was as if the years in between never really happened and things were exactly the way it was.

I hope so. I really do.

At the very least, I know I’ll see them all again when we all go home to be wif our heavenly father. :-)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?