Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The customer is always right!

I was replying an e-mail of a mate. I was explaining to her why I’m dressed “formal” these days when I attend the Sunday service. As I started typing about it, I began to realise that I’m quite sad – I live in fear of wat others think. And tt’s so NOT me! Or is it?

Here’s an excerpt of the mail (amended a lil to protect identity of certain people):-

formal clothes? wat do u think the life chapel people will say if i go and take the emblems in me usual untucked shirt, cargo pants and timberland shoes??? sigh... have to lah. sum things have to do so as not to offend others. like i had to get a hair cut b4 i song-led for easter, not becuz i think it is not appropriate but jus so as not to offend people.

i've been thinking a lot bout it and i think my life is quite sad at times - cuz i've been trained to consider wat others say bout me.

eg:-
i'm happy being single. REALLY! but there are moments when i doubt my "happiness". at times, i think i'm happy being single cuz that way, no one has anything to talk about me. i guess certain grps of people in the church are disappointed cuz nuthing much to talk of me lately. if i do want to get close to another sister, i think twice. if people find out, the talk will start again. people will actually go and "report" me to the elders!!!

Do u know that when –deleted- and i got together and told some of my "frens", these frens quietly went to report it to the elders. how do i know? the elders told me when i was "summoned" to appear before them. They took it as an “official complaint” and a “vote of no confidence” on me as a leader.

not only that, some people - when they found out that –deleted- and i got together, they went to her and gave her warnings about me, telling her bout all the bad things i will allegedly do.

i'm a person who actually gets along better wif girls than wif guys. most of my close frens in the past are girls. but now, i have stopped developing frenships wif other sisters - or at least to always keep a "safe distance". or to be close wif those who are oredi married or attached!

heck - if sum people find out that i'm e-mailing you, they'd probably think i'm trying to ... wats the word... woo you, or court you. they'll be telling u or your parents to be careful of me!

-end of excerpt-

Oh well… just a couple more months and away I’ll go!

Comments:
sucks.

and because of that nonsense, we couldn't go watch Batman together.

what a waste.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?