Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Please "Q" up

I complained once about Malaysians and the problem they have queuing up! Read this post from my old blog:- Waiting in line at the post office

Well, a similar thing happened again last Sunday. It was Father’s Day – but the damper bout the whole thing was that me nephew fell sick.

It was quite a concern when I got home to find that no one was in. a call to me bro’s hosue oso revealed that no one was in. Thank God for mobile phones – the whole family went to the clinic cuz me nephew was having a pretty high fever.

Anyways, we still had our Father’s Day celebration – at me bro’s palce. Me bro’s wife’s parents were around too. It was a simple do – Domino’s Pizza, home-made salad and KFC. Me sis-in-law was supposed to make sum other stuffs but couldn’t since me nephew was sick.

I was assigned the task to go and buy the KFC. Ok. The line was long. I waited patiently. Then this guy started queuing up behind me. And as if he’s too afraid that sumone else might slip in between me and him, he stood really close behind me. Yes, he was rubbing against my bag!!!

I mean, if you were Liv Tyler, then I wouldn’t mind it at all! But not this… this… fella!

Then, as the line started moving forward, he started “drifting” to me right. And by the time I reached the counter to place my order, THAT FELLA WAS STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO ME ON MY RIGHT!!!!!

A few glares to my right did not bother him at all!

Sheesh…

O well… the dinner was nice. Me nephew was matured enuf not to make a big fuss over not being able to eat all the goodies! I’m so proud of him. He came over and looked longingly at the pizza and fried chicken many times. But he never begged nor pleaded to have a taste. He just moved away quietly. Well done, boy!

After dinner, I sat around wif both set of parents and just chatted wif them.

I’ll miss this next year. :-(

Thank God for wonderful families.

p/s – me nephew is better now tho he did not go to school today nor yesterday

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?