Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Freedom of choice!

I got so pissed off the other day.

We were going for lunch at The Manhattan Fish Market - me mom, me sis and me. The last time I brought me parents there and they enjoyed the food. So I thought that this time, I'll give me sis a chance to taste the food there.

As we were walking there, I was oredi thinking of the salmon they serve there. There's this Cajun salmon grilled and served wif buttered rice. Excellent!

When we got there, I suggested that me sis and me mom try the special servings for 2 that they have there - this way, they would be able to have a variety of stuffs - calamari, prawns, fish, oyster. They agreed. Good. I'll have me salmo...

Wat? No, no. I'll order sumthing else for meself, thank you. Huh?

To cut the long story short, my sister did not let me order wat I wanted. She said that the serving for 2 should be sufficient for the 3 of us.

But, but, but...

Nope. My mom was on her side!

Frustration! My salmon! So close but yet so far...

Ok - so I sulked. Yeah, I'm just a big baby.

We waited like forever for the food to come. It did take a rather long time cuz it was lunch time. When the food finally came, my sis must have felt bad and then asked if I wanted to order sumthing else.

Wat the...???? And wait for like another 30 mins or so??? Forget it.

Maybe it's cuz I'm the youngest and I'll always be treated like the baby of the family (it doesn't help if I sulk too often!!!).

But something similar happened last Saturday when I took me parents out for dinner. It was like a pre-father's day dinner. The waitress asked if we wanted to try the braised pork knuckle. I know me dad likes that. And I oso know me mom is no big fan of that. Anyways, I asked me dad if he wanted to try it. Me mom answered for him, saying "no". I ignored it and asked me dad again. Before he had the chance to say anything, me mom said "no" again. This went on for a few times. In the end, me mom got her way.

Is there sumthing in a woman which makes them have to take control of wat a man orders???? Sigh... Let us choose. Let us decide!

Still, as a happy postscript, I must say that I enjoyed the time spent wif me family - yes, even if at times, they drive me up the wall (I guess most of the time, it's the other way round! I am loved!)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?