Friday, July 01, 2005

My daily bread

A lot of people think I am pretty rich. Sure, I’ve been out of a proper job for more than 1 year. But I have still been working! Sure, I’m going to the UK to do me Masters – but I’ll be selling off my car here and I’ll be working there to support meself.

It has been something which had been gnawing at me for a while. Initially, my plan was to go to Singapore to do me Masters. That would be much more affordable. But as things work out, I ended up going to the UK. I am pretty sure now that it is God’s will for me to go there – and am quite at peace wif the decision.

But there’s still the thing at the back of me mind – MONEY!!!! Sigh…

I’ve been checking the exchange rate quite religiously – almost like a stock-broker checking on the shares. The good news is that the sterling pound is going down a little. It used to be around 7.2 plus. Today, I actually saw a money changer which was offering to sell at 6.8!!!! That’s quite a fair bit.

Then, there’s me bank account. Wif no proper income, it is quite scary to look at the monthly statement end of each month, to see the amount getting lesser and lesser.

And I can’t seem to stop spending money either! Altho I have stopped buying action figs, I’m still spending money – at times unnecessarily – every month!

At this point of time, I am trying to do some writing. The problem is that it requires a lot of discipline. I haven’t started much – although I do have a lot of ideas in me head!

Thank God me family is not waiting for me to bring in the money – they are pretty much self-sufficient. In fact, me family has been supporting me materially too – and they dun mind. I am truly blessed.

As much as I try not to let it bother, I must admit that there are times when I fail. And I worry.

But I was listening to some old songs lately and this song by Amy Grant entitled Jehovah really touched me. It’s actually not anything new. The song is based on Luke 12 v 26-28 (and oso Matt 6 v27-29) – but it is such a timely reminder.

Jehovah

Consider the lilies of the field,
Solomon dressed in royal robes has not the worth of them.
Consider the lilies of the field.
He takes after each and every need.
Leave all your cares behind,
Seek Him and you will find
Your Father loves you so.


Consider the creatures of the air.
For all of the diamonds in all the earth have not the wealth of them.
Consider the creatures of the air.
Jehovah loves them with tender hand.
He knows your every care,
His touch is always there
To see you through the night.


And Jehovah I love You so,
And Jesus I want You to know,
All you've done for me to set me free,
I'll never let you go.
And Jehovah I love You so,
And Jesus I want You to know,
All You've done for me to set me free,
I'll never let You go.

Consider the lilies of the field.
For how much more does He love His own,
If Yahweh cares for them.
Consider the creatures of the air.
He takes after each and every need.
If we ask Him for bread, will He give us a stone?
Jehovah loves His own.

And Jehovah I love You so,
And Jesus I want You to know,
All you've done for me to set me free,
I'll never let You go.
And Jehovah I love You so,
And Jesus I want You to know,
All You've done for me to set me free,
I'll never let you go.

(G. Thurman)

By his grace, I'll indeed never let him go - I can be rest assured that he won't let me go!

POSTSCRIPT:-

Me neighbour is planning to buy a new house. This involves selling off their houses - they have 2! If everything goes as plan, they have agreed to sell their house next to us for a really cut-down price! Wow! If they do, with the price of property in the land, we will be able to raise up the money to cover my tuition fees easily! I'm prayin that things will work out.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?