Monday, September 12, 2005

Glucose drink

Here's wat that can happen if your body suffers from lack of glucose:-

It was his first participation in a distance running competition and the 22-year-old man completed the run in his debut.

But the construction worker from Sungai Long showed a bizarre way of ‘celebrating’ his achievement — he punched a few runners and abused his fellow runners.

He rounded up his strange behaviour in a spectacular fashion — he headed for the Putrajaya Bridge and took a 20-metre dive into the Putrajaya Lake, leaving other participants gasping in horror.

The marine police and Putrajaya cruise personnel responded quickly and pulled him out of the lake.

His experience should be a lesson to other amateur participants at such races as his behaviour is believed to have been triggered by a lack of glucose in his system.

You can read the whole story here.

When i read the article, I immediately thought of me mate, the Jester, and had to forward it to her. You see, this weekend, a group of us (Jester and me included) are heading to Tasik Bera and Jester has been bugging me to jump into the lake again!!!

Yes, again! We did that way back in Ocotber last year. Here's the photographic evidence:-


Me, Ng and the Jester, in the lake! Posted by Picasa

But I must admit that jumping into the lake was one of the many highlights of the trip we made last year.

One of me mate was telling me how he thinks I've wasted my life in the past year or so. Well, I just dun agree (tho I'm sure many would not argue wif him!). Looking back, the jumping into the lake was just one of the many wonderful experiences I've had and I'm just so thankful to God for it! I'll prolly put out a list on Holly's Lists soon about the brilliant experiences I've had in this past year and a half.

Some of you must be thinking - "This guy is crazy!!!!" Well, it's not just the simple act of jumping into the lake. It's about living! Sure, many people are alive today but how many are actually living?

If things had went as planned, I would be now a Masters Degree holder in Law. Instead, I'm broke, "Master-less", preparing for an uncertain future - but so much richer having experienced life to the fullest (or quite close to it).

Oh, Jester? We'll jump into the lake this week-end, that's a promise! :-)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?