Monday, July 11, 2005

Sweet and sour


Sweet and sour pork! Yummy!!!!
(Pic taken without permission from somewhere...)Posted by Picasa

After the previous happy post, it’s kinda weird to blog bout wat I’m planning to do rite now.

Nope, dun let the pic and the title mislead you on wat this post is all about. The title refers to how frenships can be sweet one day, and then turn sour the next.

It’s just sad to see how frens can suddenly stop being frens just like that!


C is a fren of mine. C has a really good fren, P. They are really close. C is somewat like a mentor to P!!!! They have been frens for years – if I’m not mistaken, since P joined the company C is in. They have lunch together almost every day. They share and talk about their frustrations and joys. C is always “promoting” P to others! C never fails to tell me wat a wonderful person P is.

Then suddenly, it ended. I was shocked to hear that C and P are no longer in talking terms!!!!

Wat happened? I dun really know the full picture. But basically, there was a breach of trust. In December last year, P received news that she’ll be promoted. But somehow, for reasons that no one can figure out – and which prolly only P knows – she kept it a secret from all her frens, including C. Ok, not too bad, rite? But she put on a “show” by complaining how unhappy she is in the company, how she is so unappreciated, etc. C has always been a frenly listening ear to P. In fact, C and P’s other frens tried to support her, encourage her, talk to bosses etc.

It even came to a point that P started telling everyone that she was so unhappy that she was gonna resign.

C was affected by it, naturally.

Then, suddenly, out of the blue, everyone learned about P’s promotion!!!! P left her department and took up her new place in a new department. The people in her old department and C were shocked. Why all the play-acting? Why was she playing on their emotions? What the heck was going on???

And to make matters worse, P started being good pals wif S. S, as everyone knows, happens to be C’s “arch-nemesis”!!!! Back in those days, C, P and the rest of their clique would complain about S. Now, P and S goes out for lunches together!!!!

So tt’s it. May I just add that all I’ve recounted above is purely hearsay.

My first reaction was “What a waste!!!” Such a good frenship turned sour literally overnite!!!! But one can understand how hurt C must have been. And now wif P being buddy-buddy wif S, there seem to be no more hope of a reconciliation.

It is so sad.

I am thankful to God that no matter wat happens between me and me mates – and lemme say that A LOT HAS HAPPENED!!! – we would still be frens. I’m thankful to me mates who have put up wif my mistakes and wrong-doings. I just hope and pray that no matter wat happens in the future, me mates will remain as that!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?