Monday, July 11, 2005

Cheers!

1. Lee Chong Wei won the Malaysian Open!!!!

The Malaysian Open finals was last nite. The 4th seed, Malaysia’s Chong Wei, won the finals by beating the top seed and World no. 1, Lin Dai!!!

It has been a while since I watched badminton. It has just been too much a heartache to watch Malaysians play badminton.

However, Chong Wei has revived my interest in this sport.

It took him 3 sets to win the game – and he just loved to do it the hard way!! He won 17-15, 9-15, 15-9. In the first set, he was done 10-0 before clawing his way back up and forcing the deuce to win the game. In the 3rd and decider set, he was trailing 7-0!!! Yet he came back to win the game.

Wat made it nicer was that I watched it wif me dad and wif some of me mates who came over to me place.

2. Celebrating me mate’s birthday

It was M’s b’day on Thursday. After some coordinating, we had to fix Sunday nite for his b’day dinner – that was last nite (yes, that was the reason why I couldn’t go up to Penang yesterday too!!!).

M and I go back a long, long way. We could not have been any more different! And that caused much friction at times. But yet, tt’s wat being frens is all about. And we had a strong common ground to keep our frenship going strong – Jesus!

So it was a really nice time to just hang out wif him and other mates, talking, joking, making a lot of noise.

It was oso prolly one of the last b’days of M that I would spend wif him. I’m glad it was a really good one!

3. Jit Seng’s back!!!

This is prolly the biggest cheer – and will be for a long, long time.

A couple of months ago, we received a terrible shocking news. Jit Seng was diagnosed wif cancer. It was so serious that he had to be hospitalised almost immediately and pout on chemotherapy.

Jit Seng was one the most well-liked person in our church. He never has shortage of smiles to share. Wif him, there is always happiness. But more than just that, he was one of the most detailed and hardworking person in the church. Whatever the task was, big or small, he would take it very seriously and work tirelessly.

He has a wonderful family too – his wife and his 3 young kids.

So the news came as a big shock and it really caused us to be down.

However, after 3 rounds of chemo, he is back wif us again!!!! He was back last Sunday!!! After the service, I heard a familiar voice behind me talking cheerfully, laughing. I turned around and it was Jit Seng wif a group of brothers, chatting away. Except for the fact that all his hair has dropped off, no one would guess that this was a man suffering from cancer and had gone thru 3 rounds of chemo and still is uncertain whether he will overcome the cancer or not!!!

It was wonderful to have him back. It was so touching to see how he is still so strong in his faith and still so cheerful despite the circumstances (he still has some chemo to do and until then, we won’t know how effective the chemo had been. He could come back because he is on “hospital-leave”. As long as the docs think he is alrite, then he is allowed back home. If not, then he has to be in the hospital).

He came over to me, shook me hand and thanked me for sending his kids and mom to church in his absence. I waved it (the compliment) away saying it was no big deal. After all, they stay just 2 mins away. Still, he insisted wif his appreciation – and he really made me feel so blessed to be able to help even in such a small way.

I’m truly so blessed and encouraged and cheered by him. Thanks, Lord.

We will continue to pray for him.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?