Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Onions and chocolates

Been pretty emotional lately (or as sum people put it, a "wuss")!

OK, ok, me admit me have always been a cry baby! I guess it's the feeling of "release" when the tears flow that makes me cry so easily. Prolly one of the worst experiences I have had was being unable to cry when hurting.

But there has been a few occasions too many lately when I had tears in my eyes:-

1. After the camp we had for our frens in Temerloh last month, we had to say goodbye and there were many a teary eye - mine too.

2. Saying my first goodbye to a close mate up north - the reality of the situation finally sank in - I am leaving me close mates!

3. Last weekend, while worshipping in the wooden Church building in the middle of a jungle which I had helped to paint 2 years ago, I was touched at the sight of the young people there gathering together as God's children to worship him. It was wonderful to see how God is working in their lives.

4. After Andrew's birthday party, I was walking to my car parked parked far away - and I know I'd miss him so much.

5. Despite me drawing away from God, he showed that he still cared for me and that he still wanted me to live for him.

Heck, I even cried when I watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!!!!! Really! It was the scene when Charlie was given his anual bar of chocolate on his birthday and he opened it in front of his whole family. Even tho I had read the book and knew exactly what was gonna happen, the scene brought tears to my eyes!


Pic obtained from Movies.com Posted by Picasa

Excellent movie. Excellent Johnny Depp (as usual!).


As I was thinking about it, I realised that each time I had tears in my eyes, it was not so much because of bad, horrible and hurtful things. On the contrary, it was the opposite. It was because of the wonderful family I have, the brilliant frens I have made, the excellent moments I had while serving God and the wonderful love of my Lord Jesus which touched me so much that I cried.

I'm broke (actually, in debt), going away alone, and the future is uncertain. But I can truly say this - I am so blessed! :-)

Comments:
I teared at the scene as well...Its just the overwhelming warm and fuzziness of it, and how we knew how much the bar meant to him....

And you monkey, i had to practically beg u to get out and hug me goodbye...
Sigh
Really wish i could be around on the 1st...
 
...and he insisted on sharing the choc wif his family!

I'm glad I watch movies alone! ;-)

Me, monkey? Sori-lah. At that point, it had not sunk in yet that the goodbye was goin to be the final goodbye!

Dun wori. U won't miss much. I'm goin on stage wif my dun-mess-wif-me-and-no-stupid jokes-please look. It's gonna be short and hopefully, sweet!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?