Thursday, July 14, 2005

Birthday yesterday

As a tribute to Han Solo, here are some of his Memorable Quotes from the Original Trilogy:-

Episode IV

Han Solo: Well, you can forget your troubles with those Imperial slugs. I told you I'd outrun 'em.
[nobody is listening]
Han Solo: Don't everyone thank me at once.

Luke: Why don't you outrun them? I thought you said this thing was fast.
Han Solo: Watch your mouth kid, or you're gonna find yourself floating home

Han Solo: Not a bad bit of rescuing, huh? You know, sometimes I amaze even myself.
Princess Leia: That doesn't sound too hard.

[comm is blinking, Han hits the button and pretends to be a Stormtrooper]
Han Solo: Uh, everything's under control. Situation normal.
Voice: What happened?
Han Solo: Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?
[winces]
Voice: We're sending a squad up.
Han Solo: Uh, uh, negative. We had a reactor leak here now. Give us a minute to lock it down. Large leak, very dangerous.
Voice: Who is this? What's your operating number?
Han Solo: Uh...
[shoots comm]
Han Solo: [mutters] Boring conversation anyway.
[shouting]
Han Solo: Luke, we're gonna have company!

[as the garbage compactor closes in]
Han Solo: One thing's for sure, we're all gonna be a lot thinner.

Episode V

Han Solo: [after being tortured] I feel terrible.

[Han is getting ready to leave the rebel base in Hoth]
Han Solo: (with feeling) Well, Your Highness, I guess this is it.
Princess Leia: That's right.
[Leia is angry. Han sees she has no warmth to offer him. He shakes his head and adopts a sarcastic tone.]
Han Solo: (cooly) Well, don't get all mushy on me. So long, Princess.

Princess Leia: Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder.
Han Solo: Who's scruffy-looking?

Princess Leia: You're not actually going IN to an asteroid field?
Han Solo: They'd be crazy to follow us, wouldn't they

C-3PO: Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1.
Han Solo: Never tell me the odds.

Princess Leia: Let go.
Han Solo: Shh.
Princess Leia: Let go, please.
Han Solo: Don't get excited.
Princess Leia: Captain, being held by you isn't quite enough to get me excited.
Han Solo: Sorry sweetheart. I haven't got time for anything else.

Princess Leia: Han, we need you!
Han Solo: We?
Princess Leia: Yes.
Han Solo: Oh, what about you need?
Princess Leia: (mystified) I need? I don't know what you're talking about.
Han Solo: (shakes his head, fed up) You probably don't.
Princess Leia: And what precisely am I supposed to know?
Han Solo: Come on! You want me to stay because of the way you feel about me.
Princess Leia: Yes. You're a great help to us. You're a natural leader...
Han Solo: No! That's not it. Come on. Aahhh -- uh huh! Come on.
[Leia stares at him, understanding, then laughs.]
Princess Leia: You're imagining things.
Han Solo: Am I? Then why are you following me? Afraid I was going to leave without giving you a goodbye kiss?
Princess Leia: I'd just as soon kiss a Wookiee.
Han Solo: I can arrange that. You could use a good kiss.

Han Solo: Well Princess, it looks like you managed to keep me here a while longer.
Princess Leia: I had nothing to do with it. General Rieekan thinks it's dangerous for anyone to leave the system until they've activated the energy shield.
Han Solo: That's a good story. I think you just can't bear to let a gorgeous guy like me out of your sight.
Princess Leia: I don't know where you get your delusions, laser brain.
[Chewbacca laughs]
Han Solo: Laugh it up, fuzzball.

Han Solo: Then we'll have to go out on Tauntauns.
Deck Officer: Sir, the temperature's dropping too rapidly.
Han Solo: That's right. And my friend's out in it.
Assistant Officer: I'll cover sector twelve. Have com-control set screen alpha.
[Han pushes through the troops and mounts a Tauntaun.]
Deck Officer: Your Tauntaun'll freeze before you reach the first marker.
Han Solo: Then I'll see you in hell!

[After slicing up his dead tauntaun to keep Luke warm]
Han Solo: Oh. I thought they smelled bad on the *outside*.

[heading into a cave on a large asteroid]
Princess Leia: I hope you know what you're doing.
Han Solo: Yeah, me too.

C-3PO: Sir, it's quite possible this asteroid is not entirely stable.
Han Solo: Not entirely stable. I'm glad you're here to tell us these things. Chewie! Take the Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!

Princess Leia: Would it help if I got out and pushed?
Han Solo: It might!

Han Solo: Hey, Your Worship, I'm only trying to help.
Princess Leia: Would you please stop calling me that?
Han Solo: Sure, Leia.
Princess Leia: Oh, you make it so difficult sometimes.
Han Solo: I do, I really do. You could be a little nicer, though. Come on, admit it. Sometimes you think I'm all right.
Princess Leia: Occasionally maybe... when you aren't acting like a scoundrel.
Han Solo: [laughs] Scoundrel? Scoundrel? I like the sound of that.
[Han takes her hand and starts to massage it]

Princess Leia: I happen to like nice men.
Han Solo: I'm a nice man.

C-3PO: Excuse me sir, but might I inquire as to what's going on?
Han Solo: Why not?
C-3PO: Impossible man.

Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee.
Princess Leia: I am not a committee.

Han Solo: Chewie. This can't help me. There'll be another time. The Princess. You have to take care of her. All right?
[Leia and Han shares a passionate kiss before Han is dragged towards the freezing chamber by the imperials]
Princess Leia: I love you.
Han Solo: I know.
(IMHO, one of the best scenes of the Original trilogy)

[Evacuating the Rebel Hoth base]
Han Solo: [to C-3PO] Hurry up, goldenrod. You're going to be a permanent resident.

Leia: They're getting closer.
Han Solo: Oh, yeah? Watch this.
[he throws the hyperdrive lever, the engine sputters and dies]
Leia: Watch what?
Han Solo: I think we're in trouble.
C-3PO: If I may say so, sir, I noticed earlier the hyperdrive motivator has been damaged. It's impossible to go to lightspeed.
Han Solo: We're in trouble.

Lando: I had no choice. They arrived right before you did. I'm sorry.
Han Solo: Yeah. Well I'm sorry too.

Episode VI

Han Solo: I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur, I see a big light blur.
Luke: There's nothing to see. I used to live here, you know.
Han Solo: You're going to die here, you know. Convenient.

C-3PO: His high exaltedness, the Great Jabba the Hutt, has decreed that you are to be terminated immediately.
Han Solo: Good, I hate long waits.
C-3PO: You will therefore be taken to the Dune Sea, and cast into the pit of Carkoon, the nesting place of the all-powerful Sarlaac.
Han Solo: Doesn't sound so bad.
C-3PO: In his belly you will find a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly digested over a thousand years.
Han Solo: On second thought, let's pass on that, huh?

Han Solo: Together again.
Luke: Wouldn't miss it.
Han Solo: How we doin'?
Luke: Same as always.
Han Solo: That bad, huh?

C-3PO: Wonderful. We are now a part of the tribe.
[an Ewok hugs Han]
Han Solo: Just what I always wanted.

Han Solo: Chewie! I can't see, pal. What's going on? Luke? Luke's crazy! He can't even take care of himself, much less rescue anybody. A Jedi Knight? I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandieur!

[3PO announces that Jabba will listen to them beg for mercy]
Han Solo: 3PO. You tell that slimy piece of worm-ridden filth, he'll get no such pleasure from us.
[to Chebacca]
Han Solo: Right?

Comments:
Can i say something that probably MANY ppl have said to u??

U are really CRAZY! Crazy Obi - mun!!!!!!

And u're really free!!!! Hahahaha.....

bleah....

And oh yeah.....i feel the slap frm the force...its strong with u.

Haha....
;p
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?