Monday, August 08, 2005

Meal time entertainment

Here’s my latest meal time entertainment!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I normally dun buy novels – with some exceptions of which I will talk about later! I rent books instead cuz I know I’ll never re-read them again. As a big fan of Grisham, I have read ALL his old books (except “The Runaway Jury” cuz I watched the movie instead!!! Hey, it had John Cussack and Rachel Weitz!!!) and have been trying for a long long time to get me grubby paws on his latest – “The Last Juror” and “The King of Torts”. Well, after months of searching, I stumbled into this little shop at BB Plaza last week and to me pleasant surprise, they had both books there!

So far, it is living up to expectations! :-)

But just to remind me of how out-of-touch I am wif legal practice, when I rented this book, someone else in the shop looked at it wif interest and asked me what does “Tort” mean?

Oh...” I started confidently “…it’s err… well… like a claim against… err one person and another… for err… injury and err…


Thankfully, at that moment, me mate called me on me mobile and I quickly answered it, making a show at how annoyed I was at being interrupted!! And then I sped out of the shop flashing a smile as a good bye!

Sigh… can’t even explain what “tort” means to a layperson!!!

Here’s wat the Merriam-Webster dict defines it as – “a wrongful act other than a breach of contract for which relief may be obtained in the form of damages or an injunction”.

Yeah, that was wat I was trying to say. REALLY!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?