Saturday, July 16, 2005

What a boar!

We normally get served wif wild boar meat cooked in soy sauce whenever we go into the rural villages.

There is also this place in PJ that serves an excellent chilly wild boar! Yum!

But I’ve never really encountered a real live wild boar – until last week when I was at the National Park (“Taman Negara”)!


Wild boars! the whole family - papa boar, mama boar (hidden) and baby boars!!! Posted by Picasa

Finally, I went to the National Park. It was one of the places I’ve always wanted to go but never went. I remember back when I was in Secondary 3 (15 years old), we were planning to go there after our final exams – only to discover that the park closes after our exams due to the monsoon season!!!

Now, almost 20 years on, I’ve fulfilled that desire!

Check out the pics at the following posts:-

Taman Negara – day #1
Taman Negara – day #2
Taman Negara – day #3

I went there wif another mate a couple of weeks ago. Here are sum thots on me trip:-

1. Everything has a price!

We could only spend 3 days and 2 nites there as me mate could not afford the time to stay there longer. It turned out to be a good thing tho cuz we realised that a lot of things cannot be done there without paying a fee!!! Yes, even nature has a price now.

2. I’m getting old!!!!

I used to laugh at a mate of mine when he tried to climb the quartz ridge at Ampang (a series of peaks just outside the capital). After the first peak, he felt like he was gonna die and had to turn back.

Well, the same happened to me at Taman Negara!!! We tried to go up this hill. Half way thru, I realised my heart was beating rapidly! I was short of breath and had to stop. Even then, my heart did not slow down in its pace. In fact, I could even see my heart thumping against me chest!!!! I thot I was gonna have a cardiac arrest!!!

After 15 mins, when me heart beat still din slow down, I threw the towel. I gave up. I can’t make it. Me mate was nice enuf (more bout this later – he’s SUPER NICE!!!!) and din push me at all.

Perhaps it was the long drive the nite b4 plus the lack of sleep plus the 3 hour boat ride plus the heavy lunch and the blazing afternoon sun that killed me off.

Still, whatever it was, I have to admit I’m getting old. Sigh…

All in all, a great time. A fun trip. A good experience.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?