Monday, June 06, 2005

Hokkien fried noodles*

*Noodles fried over coal fire in thick dark sauce with pork scratching! Most unhealthy, most delicious!

The last meal I had wif KC before he left for the UK was hokkien fried noodles in a small dirty alleyway near his house wif close mates. As if to commemorate the event, God gave us a wonderful sunset!



Posted by Hello

That was a couple of days ago. KC has reached the UK safely today. Other than Singapore, he has never left the country before – I did drive wif him to 3 different Thai borders in the north last year, but never across it. He sounded excited in his text message.

KC and I go back a long way. I can still remember the time when I told him that he was appointed to be the student Committee chairman. He was feeling pretty inadequate and I had to encourage him to take up the post.

I grew close to the fellas of his age – despite them being 10 years younger than me. We had loads of crazy times together, shared similar tastes (Star Wars, Futurama, Sam Hui etc), enjoyed each other’s company and would break out in song spontaneously!

We’ve served together, travelled together, had fun together, attended Sam Hui’s concert together, watched Episode 3 together, went for the monorail rail hunt together, did the LOTR trilogy together, got on each other’s nerves, pissed each other off, shared many moments of uncontrollable laughter (I like telling him jokes cuz he finds me jokes funny most of the time!), and many, many more.

We’ve had good times, din we, KC?

I guess I dun really miss him so much at this point of time – I know he is alrite, he is wif frens and Godwilling, I’ll be seeing him again in October! In the UK! It will be a sweet reunion – although wifout the other fellas. Can’t wait for that. :-)

Comments:
hey,
nice blog. sixth? a bit crazy man. too bad i dont have a blog. n my hostel got no internet connection. ur blog would probably be the most convenient way to find out the happenings in church n msia till oct, so keep it up!
 
Is it the 6th? I lost count! ;-P But this and "Views from Holly's Cafe" will be the only 2 i'll be posting on from now on. Occasionally, I may update the No-Fear blog.

No internet connection? man, how r u gonna survive???

We missed u at the camp, man! And you really missed a great camp! But i'm sure u r having a brilliant time there! Enjoy, take care, c u in a couple of months time!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?